Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dream Come True

I know I have already posted today, but I could not forget my "Dream Come True" this week.

It all started last Tuesday, when my friend Kristen asked me if I wanted to splurge to go to Game 4 of the Finals.  Of coarse, I was considering it, but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $220 on nosebleed tickets.  We continued to debate for about 2 hours, when we finally decided this would never happen again and we were just going to do it!  Ten minutes after she pushed submit, she got a phone call from her husband, saying he got 2 free tickets for us!!!!  The tickets we just bought were NON REFUNDABLE so needless to say, we were not happy!  Kristen called Stubhub back and they said we could put them back up on Stubhub to sell them, but we were hoping to sell them to someone we knew.  Thanks to twitter and Mark, the word got out and finally my brother decided to splurge with a friend!

The game was incredible!!!!!  We got to go for free, got free Finals t-shirts (which I could not wash until after game 6), noise makers, and souveniers cups! I was in Heaven!  It was a very important game to win, so it was very nerve-racking, but we pulled it out in the end!  The AAC was the loudest I have ever heard and everyone was on cloud 9!  I left knowing I could officially die happy! :)



Game 5 and 6 were watched in Austin's apartment, wearing my same outfit from game 4 and with my same noise maker and cup.  I knew they were all good luck! We both had our specific spots and our specific traditions. It never failed, by 4th quarter, Austin and I were screaming.... I was jumping on the couch and Austin running around in front of the TV!  I was glad to know that all of my Memphis friends were cheering on my team as well!  Low and behold, we won game 6 and it was amazing!!!!  We completely deserved it and it was a dream come true!  The parade and celebratory ceremony was today and you could tell they were so thrilled!  Dirk sang We Are the Champions on the AAC balcony, while Marion did the dougie on the stage.  I am so proud of my team, so I had to give them shout out!

MAVS FAN FOR LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment