Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Baking

Last weekend, as I was laying around in my pajamas, I decided to finally try a couple of recipes from Pinterest.  I had been wanting to cook zucchini chips and homemade Reese's cups and today was the day!

I started with the zucchini chips and while they did not turn out the way I had hoped, they still tasted great!  I am not sure they were worth the amount of time it took to cook, but I was glad I gave it a shot.


I ate a lot of them before I remembered to take the picture! :)  The problem I had with them was they were not crisping, like chips.  They were cooking for over 2 hours and still weren't the way I wanted!
 

Next task was homemade Reese's cups and they were delicious and super easy!! The recipe was very easy to follow and did not take much time at all! I HIGHLY recommend these! 

First, line your cupcake pan with paper liners.  I would recommend using the mini cupcake pan next time.  I think I would prefer to have bite size peanut butter cups.

Next, fill up the cups with peanut butter, butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Then, take the cups out of the fridge and add the chocolate to the top and sprinkle with sea salt. Chill for another 30 minutes.

 Finally, they are complete!! Keep them refrigerated!

Everyone should try them! I will be making them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment