Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Pies and a Great Surprise

I love Thanksgiving! The food, the family, and especially the pie making.  Austin and I have been in charge of making pies the last couple of years and this year we made 3...2 apple pies and 1 fudge pie.  I took a couple of pictures while we cooked, but I forgot to take the pictures of the final product... Whoops!
Apple pies (too bad I didn't take final pictures... they looked so pretty)


 Fudge Pie!

And my surprise....
That Sunday, I wanted to give Austin a little treat!  I decided he needed a little holiday cheer in his apartment, so I went shopping!  To Target I went and purchased a tree, lights, ornaments, and holiday kitchen towels.  The best part was I found a pickle ornament, which has been a Winans family tradition for years (apparently its  a German tradition! ).  He was very excited to come home from work and see this!

I love the holidays! Makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment